Sunday, November 29, 2009

LULAC Award Ceremony - Hispanic Women of the Year 2009

A couple of weeks ago my grandma Lupe (certified crazy) was awarded as one of LULAC's hispanic women of the year for 2009. Here's some quick pictures. The ceremony took place in Santa Ana, CA or Orange County for your Bravo watchers out there.


Ever since I can remember my grandma has been a huge proponent for education. She's been a substitute teacher for the last twenty some years in Orange County. If you want to see her then make sure you call ahead. She's always taking some type of night class on any given subject.
You would never be able to tell by looking at me. But I am actually 25% Mexican and it all comes from my dear ole granny. My grandma Lupe actually didn't speak an ounce of english when she came to the states 45+ years ago. The story goes that my newly widowed grandpa was on vacation somewhere near Guadalahara and BAM! 2 weeks later he had a wife. Consequently, my grandma drives like she is still in Mexico.


top picture - me (Amanda Record) and my great aunt chiao
bottom picture - me, my mom, grandma, my aunt becky and my great aunt chiao

No comments:

Post a Comment