Friday, July 16, 2010

Split Second


Yesterday was the worst day for me. I can't put my finger on exactly one thing that brought my day down. It was a million little things. I felt like everything I touched just turned to crap. I spent entirely too much time putting together one of my "e" marketing projects. Usually when I work on putting together eMails, Flyers, Posters for one of my clients. I just open Photoshop and get the layout, type, etc. figured out as I go. For the sake of not pulling my hair out I'm going to try to start sketching these out before I start to build them. That's what my old creative director used to do (with good reason).

But this story has a happy ending. Against all internal instinct I drove to the College area to meet my friend, Erin for the MGMT concert. I'm one of those people where I have to force myself to go out. Then once I'm out I have a great time. But my day was going so bad that I was nervous about getting into a car accident on the way to the concert!

We weren't able to buy tickets. So we were stuck sitting outside the concert (all outside sitting with a view was blocked off) listening to this amazing show on a cement bench. We're sulking on a bench and this guy walks up and asks us if we want two tickets for the show. Apprehensive Erin asks, "How much?". To which the guy hands the tickets to us and says, "FREE". Can you believe it? I swear as soon as he said it I felt all the ugliness of my day just wash right off of me. The show was AMAZING. Probably even more so for me. They sound exactly the same live as they do on the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment