In the social media world you need to be on Facebook right now. You should also be on Twitter and publishing new posts on your company blog consistently. But from what I have seen customers/shoppers are most likely to interact with your brand on Facebook.
Facebook has created "pages" for businesses and "profiles" are meant for personal use. One of the major differences (between the two) being profiles have a limit of 5,000 friends and pages have no number limit. The more the merrier. Here a How to video for creating your 1st Facebook page.
1.Log-in to your profile
2. Create your page here or go to Advertising (on bottom navigation bar)>Pages>Create a Page
2. Select your business type + choose the name of your page (carefully). Please note that you cannot change the name of your page (EVER) after you create it.
3. Edit Info, upload your profile image + any other product images
4. Add Social Networking links (you tube, vimeo, twitter) and if you have a blog import it using the "Notes" tab
5. You can access your page later by going to Home (top navigation bar)> Ads and Pages (left side of page).